By using the recording section of our website, you agree to the following terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not use the recording section of our site.
- When you use the recording section of our website you are creating, uploading, viewing and modifying content (i.e. wildlife observations, photos and descriptions etc..). By putting information onto our site, you are agreeing that:
- you are the owner of the content or have permission from the owner to upload their content to the site
- your content can be used on the website (e.g. in reports, maps and charts etc...)
- your content can be used by the Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service in their work and distributed to key partners
- your content can be made publically available for wider use
- Data collected through the site will be stored securely at the national Biological Records Centre.
- Data collected on the site will appear in the iRecord data pool and will be verified by experts on iRecord.
- To make sure your account on our recording pages links up with your iRecord account (if you already have one) please make sure you register using the same email address (this will enable synchronisation).
- Verified data will be used by the Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service and be uploaded to the NBN Gateway. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Once verified records have been made available to the NBN, their use will be governed by the NBN Gateway Terms and Conditions, e.g. use of the data for commercial purposes will not be allowed without written permission from the organisation administering the dataset.
- Please do not submit records to this site that have already been submitted to a Vice County Recorder or the Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service (in paper or digital form).
- To avoid dupliucation on the NBN gateway, having submitted data to this site, please do not submit it to other organisations or online recording schemes.
- You may view wildlife records submitted to this website by other users, but you may not store them, republish them, exploit them for commercial or academic research purposes, or pass them on to any third party.
- Your contact details (email) will be held in a secure database at the SBIS & Biological Records Centre and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about the verification of your wildlife observations.
- Your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties without your permission.
- Your name will be stored as part of the record and may be made publicly available via the NBN Gateway along with the species name, date and location of the record.
- To record sensitive species, please use the 'submit a sighting' form and make use of ability to blur records to a given resolution.
- Most importantly, we hope you enjoy using our recording website.